You can find answers to almost
anything you want to know on the Internet. Choose a topic you are
interested in. Use
your imagination, but try to choose a topic that will really be useful
to you. Search the Internet for information and make questions
about it. This will help you remember the information and hopefully it
will be useful to you.
I am interested in health. Health is very important to living a happy and interesting life. If you are sick, or unhealthy, you cannot do many of the things you would like to do. You may not have enough energy to get involved in things that interest you, to enjoy your work, or to spend time helping others that are important to you. I searched for information about exercising to keep our bodies healthy. Here are some questions about what I found out. Can you answer them?
1. What is most important for your good health? (Eating right and getting enough exercise.)
2. When should you exercise? (In the afternoon. In the morning stiff muscles could be damaged.)
3. Why should you exercise? (It keeps your heart strong, your mind alert, improves your mood, and combats illness.)
4. Who should exercise? (Any one can benefit from exercise no matter how young or old.)
5. How often should you exercise? (The recommended amount is for at least 30 min. five days a week.)
The underlined words above are
“question words” that are often used in information gathering. Here is
a list of 10:
7. How often
8. How long
9. How much
10. How many
Choose a topic and write 5
questions using the question starters above. You may use other question
words not on the list. Look on the Internet to
find information to help you make questions. Make sure you know the
answers to the questions. Write out the answers if it will help you
Write a short introduction to the topic. The introduction should give some background about the topic and explain why you are interested in it.
Read your introduction to your partner. Answer any questions your partner has about the topic.
Ask your partner your questions. If your partner does not know the answer, let your partner make a guess. Tell your partner your answer and try to give more information.