You will put music on the Internet and listen to music posted by your classmates and teacher. You should choose songs that you like and often listen to. If you do not listen to music much anymore, you may choose songs that you used to like or listen to in the past.
1. Go to this site: http://www.seeqpod.com/search/
2. In the search box, enter the names of various artists.
3. Choose a song that you like and click the arrow on the right to listen to it.
4. Choose “embed” and copy the second window.
5. Go to your MySpace page and choose “edit profile” from your homepage.
6. Paste the copied code for the song into the “music” window.
7. Go to the top and click “save all changes.”
8. Now your friends and
classmates can listen to the song on your MySpace page and make
Go to your partner’s MySpace
page and listen to the song they have selected. Answer the following
First write the name of the song and artist here:
1. What kind of music is it? (check all
that you think apply)
|jazz||rock||classical||rap||punk||heavy metal||hip hop||soul||blues||alternative||other|
2. Have you heard this song before? Yes No
3. Do you like this
little it's OK
it’s pretty good it’s
4. How does this song make you
feel? (check all that you feel)
|depressed||sleepy|| a little sad
5. What do you think the song is
about? love hate
peace loss hope
6. What other song or musician
does this song remind you of?
7. What do you want to know about this song?
8. Do you want to add this song to your play list? sure maybe later
9. What do you like about this song or music?
10. What don’t you like about this song or music?
Search the Internet for more
information about your partner’s song/singer/band. Make notes about the
things that interested you.
Ask and answer the following
questions with your partner about your songs and talk about the music.
Write two of your own questions to ask.
1. Why did you choose this song?
2. When did/do you listen to this song the most?
3. Is this the main kind of music you like?
4. What other kinds of music do you like?
5. What do you think this song is about?
6. How does this song make you feel?
7. What other songs do you listen to by this artist?
8. Can you sing this song?
Tell your partner what you
found out on the Internet about their artist and song. What new
information did you learn from your partner about your own song?